1 cup softened butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I sometimes use lemon extract)
1 pinch salt
4 teaspoons sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Mix in vanilla extract.
4. Mix in flour gradually.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
7. Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.
8. Makes about 2 dozen.